View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #61
NathenMyers

Re: 72 GMC Longbed Duramax Swap

Ok! Update!!

I had a lot of great suggestions about what to do about my ECM. While watching a video of Brett Deutsch's Triple Turbo Monster, I noticed a banner on his back glass. I asked google where Danville Performance is; Turns out! it's only about an hour and a half from me! So i drove up there and had them put a mild tow tune on it, which also got rid of my VATS system. Those guys are awesome, and fun to talk to.

To test fit some stuff, we fashioned a 1.5 inch body lift out of some wood blocks. Mostly we wanted to see how much that would change the look of the truck. It didn't end up changing it much, so, it looks like i'm going to be going with about a 1.5 inch, or 2 inch body lift. That way we can use the stock hood.

This weekend, Arlie mated a hydroboost system out of an 08 duramax into my 72. (i'll get pictures of that next week.) while he was doing that, i was cutting a hole in my bumper to get to the filler neck of my fuel tank.

right now i have a spare set of wheels that dad is letting me borrow so that we can roll it out of his way whenever he needs it.

next on the list! Tranny cooler, stock 8 lug wheels for the 72, move the battery.
Attached Images

NathenMyers is offline   Reply With Quote