View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Re: How did I miss these???

Looks like a 1/2t with skid loader wheels to me. Nothing classic about tall wheels with hubcaps, except the hubcaps. This is the classic look. 17s are the new 16, thanks to the gay trend of gangster size rims, 17s are the new 16.5 to me. I'm not close minded. I have guys tell me 17s don't belong, just because it's a size that never existed in truck tradition. I say you tell me those 17s you're looking at aren't 16.5s until you read the sidewall up close. You're talking an additional 1/4" radius. I think I have a good eye for such things and I'll tell you without trying, I know I could not tell you one from the other...except I know what tires are available in 16.5 and can go by that.

In the day, it was all about the tire and the wheel was a required necessity to gain the tire size desired. That's what wide steelies are all about. And they look damn good while serving that purpose. These days people are all about the big wheelz, then come the tire it seems. The taller the wheel the less tire
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote