View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 02:07 PM   #82
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Been working and playing with the truck here and there.... Still working on the bed getting things done. Got all the patch work done on the side panels and all the holes welded up. The neighbor took his welder back for a while on some of his own MOPAR projects.... so Im down on the metal work for now.

Got the new tailgate mounted with the hidden latches and the MAR-K hidden hinges. Everything went together pretty easily working with new stuff. Got the rear rail uprights all cleaned up and then mocked up the new LED tail-lights that fit just perfect on there. Was thinking of 'frenching' them in but... this is just an old race truck, not some show queen!

I mounted up the new fenders tight and I am starting work on the new bed framing that will hopefully support it all and make it only a 4 BOLT mounting to the frame. With quick disconnects for the lights and other stuff in there, its going to be the only way to change tires!!! I hope I never get a rear flat on the highway! Thats what AAA is for right?

Also tried some new and different rims on the rear for when Im OFF-track.... These are 18" DIA x 15" wide rims!!! I can get a deal on them but finding tires to fit is the hard part. Even M/T stopped making the 30x15x18" radial tires.... thats a bummer.
Attached Images