View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #11
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

Re: Pics of Gray/Charcoal/Gunmetal trucks??

Yap, metallic Rustoleum out of a can over the whole truck, of course it took over a month of nights and weekends! About 3 coats of paint and 3 of clear to get it done. It took a lot of trial/error to get it to lay correctly and look good too, that was the biggest hurdle, getting metallic to lay correctly from a can - ha!. I eventually got it down and after a lot of work was ready to wet sand and polish it. I have a couple areas that aren't as shiny as I'd like(need to resand w/1500/2000 and buff), and a couple places where the clear started to fracture from there being too much moisture in the air when I laid it, but it looks better than the Maaco purple color it was when I got it!! What's nice is that any chips or spots that need touchup down the road are easily done - we will see how the clear holds up the UV over the next year or two, but it has been 8 months so far and zero fading issues.