View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #290
TecRsq

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Crew Cabs Part II

Just scored another K30.

Back story, had a cherry 87 K30 Silverado dually, in regular cab with factory Camper Special package. Like a fool I traded it in for the, as then new Jeep TJ in 1997.

Have wanted another for many years, but timing, funds and the unicorn like rareness of nice ones, eluded me.

Enter a local craigslist score and I traded a 2003 Harley Davidson Road King to the owner for the truck.

86 K30 / 4speed dually in custom deluxe trim.

Purchased new in 1986 by a Virginia Fire Dept., stored inside in its own bay for its life there and loved tenderly, until it was auctioned off with 35,000 original miles on the odometer.

I now trade into this truck and drove it for the first time this evening. Basically its super clean and drives like a 1 or 2 year old truck, but looks exceptionally clean for a 30 year old.

All checks out very well on mechanics and it drives straight, does not pull, all accessories work and has no rattles or squeaks.

Plans are 6" of spring lift and going to singles on rear, rear winch of sufficient size and 38" tires.

1986 Chevy K30 3+3, 454, SM465, NP205, D60 , 14 Bolt, CM Industries SS Flatbed, ORD 6" suspension, 9.00 x 16 Michelin XML'S
TecRsq is offline   Reply With Quote