Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #114
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardface View Post
I didn't quite follow your brake bleeding procedure there, but i've heard of air leaking through the bleeder screw threads while trying to use a vacuum. My dad puts a dab of grease on the bleed screw threads when he uses a vacuum to bleed brakes, and the grease seals the treads. If that sounds like your problem that could be worth a shot before you tear into your pump.
Good luck.
Ya know what i need is to be able to get one of my friends to live closer and be on the same shift as me so then i would have some help doing it the old fashioned way..

Isn't grease a contaminant? The owners manual does talk about using some silicone sealant of some kind but does not specify what kind when doing a vaccum bleed. Any ideas??

This tool has 4 different ways to use, 2 bleed and 2 flush if i recall correctly.

But when i got all the air bubbles i was doing a direct inject into the rear port of the master cylinder with a special nozzle tip so i was pulling fluid out of the container into the gun and injecting it into the master cylinders rear port, i could push the fluid in but when i released the lever to refill the guns cylinder that's when i would get all the air bubbles into the gun so it had nothing to do with the bleeders.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote