Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #120
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Windmills View Post
Funny you mention the rear brake lines, I was just wondering How to do them on my truck now with the rear discs. Guess I will run hard lines until 12" or so from the calipers then buy some flex hoses, maybe a set of fronts to allow the calipers to move.

On the bleeder, I'd just grab the wife or neighbor for a few minutes, and save some more frustration.

Does the booster have that problem without the lines connected? I'd just use process of elimination on that one.
I would say 12" hose would be fine, even 10, but the hoses the disk conversion place sent me are pretty short. If i had to do a disk conversion allover again i would save a lot of heartache and piece it together myself. Don't forget to add a solid mount for the hose onto the axle, just scroll back a bit and you will see where i put mine, i was hoping the rubber hose would reach to the inside of the U Bolts. Humm, i just realized i do have some hoses that were too short for the front, but i'll bet there way to long for the back.

I figure i'll have to plan on unbolting the master from the booster too and see if the pedal gets better and eliminate the booster, wish i had thought of trying it out before i put the master and prop valve on but this is the first time i ever messed with ether of them.

My biggest problem is i'm a shift worker, don't see the wife except on weekends and when i work weekends it makes it even worse, I may have time to get her to help this weekend, we'll see.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote