View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 12:22 AM   #12
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Just bought a 1965 C30...

If you have a bellhousing on the NV4500, that is good. A NV4500 will not just bolt up to a standard GM bellhousing. All NV4500's have a hydraulic clutch, with either an external slave or a hydraulic TO bearing.

If a big block is not moved froward from the original engine location, firewall modifications are necessary. You will have a difficult time with making a mechanical clutch work on a big block due to exhaust manifold/header interference.

Here is a link to the for sale thread for my '63-'66 booster bracket with a hydraulic clutch conversion.

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=651200

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhtagn View Post
I do have a bellhousing on it, but I'm pretty sure it is an older one?

Are you stating that the engine will need to be moved forward no matter what? If so, due to firewall clearance? I've seen mixed information of whether it is a "bolt in swap" using the existing small block motor mounts, or whether firewall mods are needed.

Would the hydraulic clutch just be needed if the engine is moved forward? Could I just relocate the clutch linkage bracket on the frame to stay with the manual clutch? ...or would the geometry be too skewed? Would you have a link for the clutch kit mod you mentioned?

Thanks!
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote