Thread: Cab Bracing
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 11:52 PM   #9
Vinceg

Re: Cab Bracing

Hey bobbyv,
I would re mount the cab to the frame if You could! My cab was in a lot worse shape than I thought it was when I bought the truck. I had never done anything even close to this in the past. I didn’t brace my cab. Big mistake! I had to do inner, outer rockers, front and rear cab supports, A & B lower door Pilar’s, toe kicks, other areas of the floor and firewall and cab corners. It was a big job and I wondered at times what the heck I was doing! My cab sprung on me and was a bit of a job getting it pulled back into shape. It cost me a lot of time and an extra outter rocker. I braced the cab up with angle iron before doing the other side and it was a night and day difference. The other thing I learned was. unless you really need to, use as little of the replacement panels as you can. My first cab corner I did I matched up to the replacement panel and cut it out. It turned out but was much more work than I thought it would be. The other side I only used the bottom two inches of the replacement panel and it worked awesome. If you have more questions There are a lot of knowledgeable guys on here. I learned a lot and unfortunately it was from mistakes I made. I’d be happy to answer any questions to the best of my abilities. Good luck!
Vinceg is offline   Reply With Quote