View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #12
bwood

Re: 4L60e out of a S10 Blazer; is the bellhousing the same as on a 1500 pickup truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetForceF22 View Post
I am unfamiliar with the "Clutch Pedal Switch..." Could someone enlighten me further about this?
The clutch pedal switch provides the same function as the neutral safety switch does in an automatic. It requires you to depress the clutch pedal before starting to ensure the starter doesn't try to pull the truck in gear and make a simple situation worse. It is mounted on the pedal assy.

Quote:
And the verify that my seat will work with a man. transmission, do you mean my actual drivers seat? If so I have 2 bucket seats and center console, not sure if that's what you were asking for however?
Some trucks (not sure if these truck are effected by this) originally equipped with the bench seat and a manual will have a cutout in the middle so if the seat is all the way up and the stick is back, they won't contact.

Quote:
And that leaves the pilot bearing in the crank... That would be the game changer, if my crank does not have one installed already then that's a big deal, if I have to install a new crank I might as well have a rebuild kit on standby, so that's something I will definitely have to look into.
If there isn't a pilot bearing, usually the crank is machined to accept one. You will just need to install the correct one for your trans.

The items I listed before are just a list of things that I know are different between most manual and automatic trucks. There will be things that you can get by without changing (ie the steering column), just make sure the research is done before diving in. One more thing I thought of last night was the ignition switch, the manuals have the little button on them that prevent the key from coming out.
2005 Honda CRF250R
2006 Honda CRF150F

Last edited by bwood; 12-16-2010 at 01:28 AM.
bwood is offline   Reply With Quote