View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #67
msgross

Re: 68 K-10 SWB build thread - project Money Pit...pics galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Buster View Post
Mike, great thread! You're making better progress than I am.
Couple of questions.

1. Any rubbing with 33's and no lift?
2. How did you get the front spring bushings out of the frame?
3. The ORD front shackles came with new bolts? How much extra lift did you get from them?
4. What did you do for rear shackles?
Thanks!
-Tim
well....
1. My 33's are only 10.5" wide and they fit fine, no lift. I tried 12.5's and they would have been close. I have the HD spring package though so it might give it a little extra boost. You might be able to do 12.5's with the right backspacing or an add-a-leaf in the front.
2. I had to use a torch on all the bushings, then air chisel the inner sleeve out, WHAT A PAIN! ORD offers the entire front bushings upgrade which replaces the stock mount in the frame (rear of front spring) which would be nice.
3. If you get the ORD greasable bushings then they come with special bolts and grease zirks. I just used the Energy Suspension package and basic grade 8 bolts from Tractor Supply. Only problem is that they don't carry 9/16" in bulk, which is what all of your other bushings need.
4. I still used the stock rear shackles and did an add-a-leaf which appears to gain about 1.5" in the rear.

Are you looking to lift or stay stock? I wouldn't say that I am making that good of progress, this has been 6 months in the making...
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote