View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #57
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Needs more thought.

[quote author="@darrenh" source="/post/2458411/thread" timestamp="1541068837"]is that wound spring of hard brake hose an original feature? just made me smile as it seems quite a logical idea[/quote]

If you want to do it, I found using a double dose of good masking tape to hold the pipe in the start position, and then to wind the pipe tightly around the can till you have the righ spirals. After this, I used the can as a lever to twist the pipe till it was basically in the right position.

First pipe bent and ready to wait for the rebuild to complete.

They have to follow the inner fender profile and then end up under the hood next to the master cylinder.

Second one done.......

[quote author="@da1sycat" source="/post/2458539/thread" timestamp="1541102587"]Grizz I really do look forward to your updates no matter what the topic.

I admire your “we will overcome attitude” too and when reading about the mismatch between the bits and pieces as per the wisdom of Dennis I just couldn’t help think of one of my favourite Johnny Cash tracks “One Piece at a Time”

“The transmission was a fifty three
And the motor turned out to be a seventy three
And when we tried to put in the bolts all the holes were gone.

So we drilled it out so that it would fit
And with a little bit of help with an adapter kit
We had that engine runnin' just like a song
Now the headlight' was another sight
We had two on the left and one on the right
But when we pulled out the switch all three of 'em come on.”

And of course the last verse when the great Man in Black describes the year of manufacture lol.

Isn’t it brilliant that US Autos can be put together with several different model years? Try that with anything other than a Landrover and you’d be left with more adapters than parts!

Roll on the next instalment. [/quote]

Love that song.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote