View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 01:44 AM   #7
soba_03

Re: Windshield install on 66?????

Hey I'm going to throw my hat in this ring as well getting ready to do my 61 shortly, however I just had the glass in my 68 done, it went right in with the tips above followed. Here is what I WISH I would have done. I pulled mine to clean up the window channel. When I pulled it, it looked like there was seam sealer on the channel before the original seal was installed. I didn't put it back in. But I did run a little bit of silicone under the seal against the windshield after it was in thinking that the rubber seal would keep it from leaking. Well at highway speeds in the rain I get one tiny trickle of water right directly in front of the drivers side. So Research a little I believe that maybe a little seam sealer or something of that fashion may be in order to ensure that there is NO water getting around the seal.....

Good luck.... make sure that your helpers use there flat hand to push/tap/hit the window not the side of there hands... it's the difference between a great install and a cracked window....ask me how I know..
soba_03 is offline   Reply With Quote