View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #13
hugger6933

Re: Out of the Ditch = The Rebuild Begins ('72 GMC)

Most Shops don't mind the sheet metal off the front, if it still starts to pull up on the machine under power that is a HUGE BONUS for most. With the metal out of the way the frame is easier to access to see and to hook to and measure. Of course I'm weird they may say they have to see it with the metal on it but I would shy away from that guy cause for one he may not be a true truck guy because he might just be after some more $$$ to charge in tear down fees. Most of the guys I used before I got my machine didn't mind the missing parts rather enjoyed it for the reasons listed above as long as it rolled on its suspension most were OK with it. Some had the ability to do some work with the suspension knocked out too. But one thing they all had in common, they never made a pull while I was there. It was a thing that they didn't want to see how long it took to hook up or how they pulled or what but NOT ONE ever made a pull while I was with the truck. I will tell you that the hooking up is about 80% of the challenge once it is done and the chains are tight and the pull is ready you can bend some stuff in a heart beat, or at least I can with my machine and it is nothing real fancy. Like I said help is always free, holler if you need it .Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote