View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 12:21 AM   #93
68bowtie

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
I like the black zinc with the powder coat. The original bolts were in a good way, as were the unique washers, so I just replaced the nuts and lock washers. Searching for hardware and editing my manual is no fun. Finishing something is.

New ECE rear suspension received, but bolts pending, and turns out I need the original upper and lower U-bolt plates. I thought they were replaceable, maybe they are, but word is use what you have if good. New drop spindles holding up the front, because they come unfinished. Money pit.

Tony screwed up. I can't get the painter to finish my oil pan much less a ton of parts that I've yet brought him for black satin. I guess that's what happens when he's the best and family. .............Anyway I'd like the A/C bracket to intake manifold done so I can finish the engine, so I jumped the gun and had my A/C brackets powder coated.

Don't do that I read 200 degrees or look for another finish. Can't say what the surface temperature is on a BBC, but bet your (*^* the exhaust manifolds are hotter, and one bracket connects to the exhaust manifold. If that were it fine, but I suspect a cast iron intake and block are in the neighborhood of 200 degrees ??? So I believe I'm removing powder coat from all my A/C brackets..........

At least nothing else was done near the block. False assumption on my part PC would withstand heat. Input welcome.
Interesting. What did they coat them with from the factory? Nothing?

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is online now   Reply With Quote