View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #2682
67cheby
67cheby

Re: Slosh Tubz new company project "Square Peg" frame laying 1987 GMC Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI2CHEVYS View Post
I've spent the last 5 days checking out this build and I have to hand it to you and your friends, you guys built one of the finest looking Blazers I have ever seen. Congratulations !

Question: How does it handle ? I noticed that both bars on the 4 link are under the axle tubes and as far as I know on a 4 link one bar should be on top & one bar under the axle tubes. I saw a picture in the beginning of the build of an example, then when you built it it was different. I can't believe that no one mentioned it.

It was a great pleasure to see it & Good Luck with Boosted Bertha I will be watching !
You are exactly correct the rear setup in mock up stages was just fine but when everything was assembeled and had the weight of the vehicle on it and 12 inches of travel it kept breaking the rearend over dead center and plunging the pinion to the ground. We totally redid the rear 4 link when we got it back from SEMA we built new mounts to spread the front mounts out further and built new rear mounts to spread them further and move it to use one on top and one on the underside of the rearend, no problems after we did that .
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote