Thread: s10 v8
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #84
BarryB

Re: s10 v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipasschev94 View Post
ok sweet thanks, do you got a thread for your s10 on here?
No I don't, but I'm the type that just does it. then post pictures of the finished project. BUT maybe I will do it on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipasschev94 View Post
if i were to go down the road of a body swap with a el camino would the s10 frame be wide enough? i can lengthen it but id prefer not to mess the the cross members unless i have to, im going to be getting new body mounts on the frame and re positioning them the lengthening the frame to fit the body perfectly
I used to have a 79 malibu, I'm pretty sure the bodys are wider than the S10 wheelbase stance is. I've seen guys do this but usually with full size truck frames. seeing the s1o front axle is IFS. you'd probably want to go solid axle anyways. the 87 you posted up would be a better canidate for the camino body swap.
If it was me, I'd just get another cab and what other bodys you need, and put this lil S10 back together.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote