View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #23
ChevyTech

Re: 1990 brake light switch

You're welcome!

The Gray wire is power coming out of the switch and splits into two wires to send power to the module and to send power to the brake switch. It sure sounds like the cruise switch is bad.

When you unplug the old switch look at the end and notice there is a small hole through it. I would tie heavy fish line to the end and pull the fish line up the column when removing the old switch. Then tie the fish line to the new switch end and pull it in using the fish line. Fellow techs of mine would do the same thing using mechanics wire but I preferred heavy fish line.

Even if you break the fish line, or down pull in a wire, you can get the new wire down the column because it is stiff enough to work with.

Quote:
and although at the end of the harness from the switch is what looks like only 2 connectors, must be split down the middle making actually 4 connectors.
Both sides are used with separate circuits. Look closely at the connector. Two contacts on one side and two contacts on the other side equaling four separate circuits.

I didn't realize how expensive the switches are. I have replaced piles of them over the years.

Let me know how it goes.
ChevyTech is offline   Reply With Quote