View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #49
68Stepbed

Re: Slick is getting a full TCI suspension!

OK, I finally got the bed boards installed and ready to put the bed back on. A couple guys helped me set it and immediately noticed a problem!

The shock towers are in line with the middle cross sill brace. Luckily, it's the one that's not load bearing. The new inner tub panel interfered with the shock mount, and the mount is higher than the bottom of the wood of the bed floor.

So, the way to fix this was to start cutting some more. I cut a few inches off of the cross sill brace, and notched out the inner tub wall and the wood.

I don't have a picture of it, but the bolts for the C-notch are taller than the original rivets and they also rubbed, so I used a forstner bit to make insets for the bolt heads.

After a few test fits, I was finally able to get the bed in place and the bolts dropped in. I'm not going to completely bolt it down tight until the fenders are on. It sure does look funny without fenders, though. LOL

This all took place last night, so this morning before I left for work, I had to at least get a fender on even if only with a couple bolts. It's getting exciting now to see it start coming back together!!

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote