View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 10:52 PM   #3
C10Coloradoguy

Thumbs up Re: Rewired 70 C10 heater and running lights on even if ign is not plugged in.

OK, so here is what I did: Either because I had it bookmarked or it automatically popped up when I popped in (kudos to the programmer if this is the case!) so I printed a few pages out and took them to the cab and hooked up the dome light. Lo and behold that worked, for the dome light. Same thing with the running lights on at all times.

After studying the diagrams and back tracking a couple of connections, I kept coming back to the brake switch (orange and white wires). Just to try everything, I switched the leads on the switch itself and put the negative lead back on. Something different! The hazards came on. Reached in and turned them off (which worked!). No running lights but the headlights still worked. Reached in and pushed the brake and sure enough, they worked. Left right turn signal do not work though (didn't before either).

So my assumption is that the brake switch is correctly wired now. Going to figure out the rest of the puzzle tomorrow. Input is welcome but I will post results tomorrow regardless.
C10Coloradoguy is offline   Reply With Quote