View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 02:38 AM   #10
kolle_hond

Re: My 1970 C10 build in South Africa

Sorry for not updating this thread for a few years, let me quickly break down some things that have happened:
I had a ton of motor work done to try and fix a misfire. When it finally got solved, I somehow ran low on oil and while going 130km/h on the highway snapped a rod and it went through the block.
So I got a new engine block installed, also switched the radiator for an aluminum one with an electric fan and a new alternator for the extra load.
Currently I'm doing some more wiring, as I finally got my hands on some door jamb switches. Click here to see the video how I installed them
I still have to tidy up the wiring, figure out a short circuit with the lights (the indicators don't work when I turn on the headlights) and a few other things. I will try to cover as much as possible on my YouTube channel. And sorry for the poor quality and voice stuttering, I don't script any of my videos, I just film what I'm doing as I do it, so I don't always know what to say.