Thread: 72 C20 Project
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 11:52 PM   #16
BlueChev72

Re: 72 C20 Project

So it's been a few weeks... The clutch went out on my daily driver Subaru, so I had to take three Saturdays or so to fix that, and didn't have the opportunity to work on the C20. I got it done though- except now it has an exhaust leak and it sounds like it has a fart can. Not good. Anyway, I ended up doing a little on the C20 this week. The first thing I did was to wire up my tachometer, hooking it up to the dash light circuit as well. I also cleaned all of the windows (I haven't even pressure washed it since I bought it), and installed new windshield wipers. I also put in a new headlight switch ($8 from Rock Auto) and added in a set of Harbor Freight gauges- Water temperature and Oil Pressure. The set came with an ammeter, but I decided to pass on that in case it were to short out. I think that I'm going to order a vacuum gauge off Ebay too, and try to use that to set my ignition timing. Sorry I don't have any pictures, but it was dark by the time I finished (working outside). I'll try and get some pictures next time I get the chance.