View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #2538
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Glad to see you're gettin' 'er back together! Hope your Dad is happy in his new place.
Thanks, Chip. Vern told me you've been under the weather a bit. Hope you're headed back to 100%. I think Dad is adjusting pretty well. He seems to enjoy renewing old acquaintances... although at his age, there aren't as many as there used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkn463 View Post
I just got caught up on this, wow it looks great! I like the new mirrors, good call on that. All of the electronic problems you ran in to are disappointing, I expected better out of GM.

Kudos for hanging with it.

-Richard
Thanks, Richard. I think what got me the most was when we were broke down in Nacogdoches and the GM dealer refused to even check the codes with a Tech2. When I told them that GMPP had assured me any dealer could work on the C&C LS engines, they said, "Not us."

I've been working on the universal bed mat cutting out all the various openings. They're made out of some tough material. Finally figured out a combination of a jig saw, various hole saws and a coarse drum sander works the best. It would have been nice to find one that fits out of the box, but this will have to do.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote