View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #138
kikkegek

Re: Improve mileage 350 with Quadrajet

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnorman View Post
You are one hard working man! However, you should repair the thermohousing before you replace the fluid. The fluid looks to me as if it has caused corrosion and deposits in your radiator and system. Be careful where you dispose of the used anti-freeze as some types are very poisonous to pets, and they like to drink it. Nothing will make you more hated by your neighbors than killing their pets. I am not sure if your truck uses an "o"ring or/and a paper gasket, but you should clean the surfaces of the housing and use good bolts and nuts to retain it. Make sure the housing has not warped from overtightening if so, make it flat again.
Sometimes electrolysis causes corrosion in radiators, but I don't know how to cure it except keeping clean anti-freeze in it. Your photographs, as usual, are great, but they do make the radiator look rather dirty inside. I'm afraid to look at mine.
thanks. the thermhouse has a paperp gasket and I replaced it when I changed the thermostat. I also cleaned the engine en house, but probably didnt tighten it well or too loose. the bolts are bad as you might have noticed.

that is why I ordered a new house and new bolts.

I also told the guy from the shop to dump the WOMI and order WYNN's flush and leak stop for me.

I'll flush the baby first and then put leak stop in the new coolant to make sure it doesnt start leaking after I flushed it. because the rust and sludge seem pretty bad.

I'll post some more pictures when I get results. probably in a week.

thanks.
kikkegek is offline   Reply With Quote