Thread: C10 Goldilocks
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #15
Phill0406

Re: C10 Goldilocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
Since you are new to the world 'O Chevy pickups.
I assume you know your pickup is gold because the color is the Golden Anniversary color..Nothing special other than that. I think it's just a color that Chevrolet added that year because of the anniversary. (Anyone else have a better explanation???)

I've read here that the gold pickups that year came with whatever options just like any other pickup
I'm amazed that your paint is in such good condition. If you paint it, I hope you retain that color.
There's a thread here a guy is completely making over a 69, with a 68 front clip, painted it gold to imitate the anniversary special. He used a slight different gold color, but it looks awesome. There's been no responses on that thread for a while, I hope all is well with those folks!

I bought my 68 Golden in 1980, the paint on it THEN, was nowhere as nice as yours is now.
Have fun!
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Yeah I found out very quickly that it's the anniversary edition. Not the rarest thing in the world, but certainly cool. I like that I'm not ruining a 1 of 100 truck or anything close to that numbers, just something I can appreciate a bit more. There's actually a guy around me that has one bone stock, I've seen it parked at the Napa a few times. There's a few kids on Instagram (where I predominantly post updates @fourdoorphill) that I've seen with some Anniversaries too, one of which was painted over flat beige. I certinaly won't be painting it anytime soon, mostly for cost reasons but if I do I'm not sure I'll keep the original color. We shall see, my mind changes each day so never say never.

I found a little diecast "hot wheels" anniversary c10 that I hung by my computer. I wish I knew more about the 50th anniversary but it seems there isn't a big trail for what it is and why.

While I'm posting I'll add another photo or two I suppose.

A week or so ago when I had the frame on a little dolly I whipped together for a couple bucks.

Excuse the few missing bolts, I'm missing a bag from Porterbuilt and need to contact them for it. Also I didn't have a reamer to drill out the holes ontop of the frame so those aren't in yet. Getting to the garage Saturday night to chip away more.

Last edited by Phill0406; 02-14-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Phill0406 is offline   Reply With Quote