View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #5
jopaul

Re: '70 K20 carb options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILT4ME View Post
Well, jopaul, what is your budget?

You are looking for a DD. What do you know about your engine? Is it stock compression, stock cam and heads?

An easy slight HP gain for it would be an aftermarket 180° dual-plane intake manifold (we use a Weiand Street Warrior 8120 WND) and we chose a Holley 650 double-pump carb with mechanical secondaries (because we have a manual transmission) HLY-0-4777S. The carb is a bit large for a stock cam, so you could go to a 500 or 600 CFM carb if you choose.

These should all be bolt-on improvements. We bought through Summit Racing.
budget? ha! just kidding. just freed up some extra $$ a month, paid my last child support payment ;-)

and I think I have changed my mind about carbs. I mean I still needs something now and going to research my options with a rebuilt one that matches what is on there now.
I don't know much about the engine. It appears to be a 350, but it's definitely not the engine that truck rolled out of the factory with. There's no papers etc...so it's best guess. And to fix that I am looking at Jegs for the Vortec 350 5.7l or some other LSX (was thinking the 6.0, LQ9) but seeing how those cost more than I want to spend right now....the Jegs route is probably within my "budget".

What I want to do with the truck is make lots of horsepower mostly because I want to cruise up a mountain pass with a decent size camper on it (thinking 5th wheel).

Still learning about the engine types, internals, and of course the truck itself.
jopaul is offline   Reply With Quote