View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 12:02 AM   #2315
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Yep, that's a work truck all right! Workin on another Mecum...
Hope not, Mike. If the air works and there's no leaks, I plan to drive the wheels off of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Interior turned out great Vic. Can't wait to hear a video of it running!
Soon I hope, Duane. I haven't had any weather to paint the intake tube, so I may have to do like you did and paint it later just so I can finally bust off the engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipescastle2 View Post
Vic,
Outstanding !!!!!!!👌👌👌👌 great job! Guess you’ll be ready for the Nats this time !!! Me too!!!!! I’m back to M-F, so hopefully my schedule will allow me to attend this year! Hope to drop in sometime soon and see your progress in person! Have a good one!
Ben
Thanks, Ben, stop by anytime!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
When are the Nats...
They should be around the second week of September, Dan. Haven't heard the exact dates yet.

The interior is all back together after installing the speakers, seat belts and steering wheel. Waiting on a call from the anodizer for it to be 100% done. Horn button decided not to work, so I had to disassemble it and give it a tune up. Should make it thru the safety inspection but after that I don't care. Can't remember the last time I honked the horn. I always figure if you have time to reach for the horn, you have time to avoid the situation. Also got the Lukas HD camera, rearview mirror and VOD microphone installed. Gas is in the tank, but still haven't tested the line and pressure... maybe tomorrow.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote