View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 12:05 AM   #119
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Picked up a bunch of stuff while I was hanging out with my parents in Denver this weekend. Got to take my little Sister's 51 Chevy truck to Bandimere speedway for The Super Chevy Show too. Didn't win, but cruising a cool old truck is a win in my book.

So I was able to pick up a factory air filter box and intake tube for a 02 Silverado and fresh take of truck manifolds from my Dad's stash. I had made arrangements to meet up a friends place northeast of Denver that offered up a Detroit Tru-trac for the front D44 axle. So on Sunday Dad and I blitzed out east in his El Camino to my Buddy Brian's place. After a couple of hours of getting caught up and bench racing We loaded the tru-trac and set back for Dad's place. We then loaded up at his place for me to take the 51 back to my Sister and pick up my S10 for home. Lucky for me Cabela's built a new store on the far south end of Denver I was going to pass on the way home, so I stopped in and grabbed a pair of Larry's favorite seat covers.

So onto some pics. The airbox and tube. We might have to shave the resonator off to make it fit.

Almost perfect truck manifolds. All the studs are there and not tore up at all.

Seat covers. Larry swears by these. They are nearly bulletproof. Fit well and will allow my charcoal Silverado bucket seats to blend into the tan interior. They are a great buy at $24.99 per seat too.

I stopped by Larry's place to drop off another load of goodies tonight. Larry got some work done. Firewall and the inside of the fenders have been treated to some fresh tan. He even put undercoating back on the seams where the factory had it. We worked together to pull the windshield out so he can repaint around the inside without dealing with the glass in the way. His plans are to get the front frame done and new poly engine mounts installed. Progress is happening...
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote