View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 09:22 PM   #14
vectorit
What?

Re: 1968 Suburban K20 Past & Present build

Front floor section.

I went with DynaMat, only because it was available to me.
Then I added jute padding on top.
The carpet I purchased was from www.stockinteriors.com and ordered fitted loop pile with the MAS backing.

I can't say enough good things about the carpet kit from stockinteriors, the product is top quality and has kept it's color over the years as compared to another kit I purchased early on. That cheaper kit, the color bleached out very easy in the sunny areas. The MAS backing is a must have in noisy Suburbans like a 1968 K20 with a Rockwell Tcase, so the more insulation and sound deadening the better.

In case you are asking, "what is the MAS backing"? it's basically a thick rubber backing to the carpet. Which by the way makes the whole carpet kit very heavy.

If I was to complain about anything on the carpet, would be that the back half section that meets the step to the third seat cargo area is not hemmed. So it looks a bit un done, but I am not complaining.

(You may be noticing the black benches, these were what where used for years in the Suburban. I will talk about that when I get to the seats).
Attached Images

Last edited by vectorit; 06-28-2016 at 09:29 PM.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote