View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
weq92f

Got hit from behind today in the truck :(

Heading home today from the Good Guys Lone Star Nationals at TMS in Ft. Worth TX I was struck from behind while negotiating a stop and right turn at a major intersection. I was almost to a complete stop when I got hit pretty hard. The bumper, tag and hitch are destroyed. The tailgate, which now has a dent near the middle toward the bottom part of the outer panel, might be repairable if the whole thing didn't get bent.

Haven't even looked underneath it yet. Haven't tried to open the tailgate.

I was alone in the truck and am feeling pretty good right now about 3 1/2 hours after the hit. The driver of the Jeep Grand Cherokee seemed to be OK as well but her vehicle took the impact and the G forces all in the front bumper. I doubt she felt a thing really except for a sudden stop. I was wearing my shoulder belt and definitely felt the weight of the Jeep.

I think my head smacked the back glass and then I'm stopped sorta 1/8th the way into the oncoming traffic.

<skip>

Tried to get the cops on scene but this happened at like 5 O'clock pm on Friday so the traffic was lined up in all directions and it just didn't seem like they were gonna show up any time soon.

With that, I took a copy of the driver license and insurance card and we went on our way.

Once I made it home without any further issues, I made contact with my insurance Online, opened a 'claim' and got a claim number. Then I contacted her insurance carrier and opened a claim giving verbal data less than 2 hours after then accident. This data included my Hagerty 'claim' number regarding the same as well as information positively identifying their policy holders and the driver. I was issued a claim number and the name/number of the assigned adjuster/contact.

Hopefully there is no frame damage or other crap I can't see from the outside.

I'm driving the damn thing back to TMS tomorrow and enjoying myself there nonetheless. I'll put my chair against the ugly spot there in the back so nobody sees it and I'll just refrain from doing much crusin' up and down inside the grounds!

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote