View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 02:54 PM   #5452
72c20customcamper

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Neck surgery I had last day of November fixed my spinal cord kink and a couple other neck items, but it didnt fix what they thought was nerve damage in my right shoulder and arm.

Yesterday I went in and had arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder. Was supposed to take a little over an hour, took three hours. He said there was much more damage in there than he figured. I dunno how they didnt come up with that with all the xrays and MRI's. Hopefully this will have me all fixed up. I have to start PT today which seems pretty quick after having surgery yesterday.

OK the weird thing, and I bet some of you guys have had this. They put a nerve blocker in my shoulder and it killed my arm from the should down to my finger tips. I had my arm in a sling for several hours but took it out and just rested it on a pillow while I sat around. I could have jabbed a knife right in my arm and wouldnt have felt it. I sat down for lunch and used my left hand to lift my right arm up on the table because it kept slipping off my lap (so weird). I got up from the table and forgot to let my arm down and it just flopped down like a giant wet noodle. Zero feeling ... Thank goodness when I got up this morning it was back to normal feeling again. Shoulder hurts a bunch and will probably hurt more after PT this afternoon. They gave me Oxy for the pain but Id rather take extra strength Tylonal instead, did the same with my neck surgery.
I had seven nerve block injections to calm the nerves from my spine to my right arm . They injected through the front . Little unnerving seeing a 6 or 7 inch needle coming at you . This was after a rotator cuff surgery. Hope yours goes better I had problems for years with reflex sympathetic dystrophy. Its subsided about 5 years later to only an occasional flare up . The injury (on the job ) ended my PO career .
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote