View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #115
Old57

Re: 57 GMC, frame swap, 4wd, 454 big block, 4 speed

Ok cool, thanks! I'll give that a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
if you are attaching them from a computer, its because the computer is automatically orienting them "right side up" to view on the screen instead of showing them "as they were taken". when you attach them here, the forum software does not look at what should be the correct orientation, it only looks at how they were taken, so it will be sideways.

there are two ways to fix it:

1. when you are taking pictures pay attention to the orientation of the camera icon on the screen, if its sideways, the picture will be sideways. shake the phone/camera a little and it will reorient to "right side up". then take your picture, and it will show correctly on the computer and upload correctly.

2. for pictures you have already taken, I recommend selecting them in your picture viewer (however you upload them from the camera) and choosing FILE--->EXPORT and export them to your desktop. this breaks the picture viewer correcting the image and you will see them as sideways on your desktop (if they are indeed sideways). double clicking will open another picture editor, and almost always you have the option to rotate the picture. once you rotate it, save it (by closing) and upload from the desktop location.

eventually you will watch that little camera icon like a hawk and you will never (almost never) have another sideways picture.