View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #95
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

I know it doesn't look like much but that is two solid days worth of work! I have ordered about $400 dollars worth of patches that I am hoping will be in by next week so I can continue making progress. I also have one more thing to show everyone.

On the 60-66 section of the forum alot of the guys were talking about making electrolysis tanks to get rust off of old parts. My dad thought he would give it a try and make an electrolysis tank of his own. He had done some hood hinges with good results so I let him do one of my rocker box end caps.

Here is the electrolysis tank. I am not completely sure how it works but it uses some sort of cleaning soda and an electrical current provided by a battery charger to draw the rust off of the part placed in it. Don't worry it does NOT electrify the water causing a shock hazard.

Here is the rocker box end cap when I took it off of the blazer.

The final product after sitting in the tank overnight. While it does not look like it was just stamped it is a whole lot better than it was and the best part I didn't have to do anything. Since this is pretty effective and cheap to do I will most likely do this to alot of my small rusty parts.

Thats it for now. Hopefully my patch panels will come in on time and I will have another update for everyone next week.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote