View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #19
HarrisonsRodShop

Re: 1962 GMC Suburban Build

Its been a while since I posted any progress on the build. Customer stuff and shows have gotten in the way. The front was torn down to the bare frame for some mockup before the body comes off. Wilwood brakes came onboard for the build and we are going to be using their forged drop spindles and 6 piston front brakes along with their master cylinder. I will be showing the truck mocked up with some 18x7 American Racing mockup wheels but the actual wheels will be different in design. Also, we used a really clean 63 C10 crossmember on the build and I made an adjustment to the location to help center the wheels in the front fender well. I hate to see these when they are dropped significantly and the wheel looks too far back in the fenderwell. Also, Sanderson Headers came on board for the headers on the build. These are the CC10AP which allow for room to run the plug wires below them and up the back of the heads to the distributor. We've used Sanderson exclusively for years with zero issues. Also, there has been some mild firewall smoothing since last post prior to removing the factory crossmember.
Attached Images

Last edited by HarrisonsRodShop; 08-26-2018 at 01:42 PM.
HarrisonsRodShop is offline   Reply With Quote