View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #19
greg64

Re: Restoring 1980 C10 big ten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorzitza View Post
More cleaning.... I figured since I made the frame look pretty I should make everything else on the bottom look pretty as well.

New drums - Flat black with high temp paint and cured.

Cleaned up what I could as it sat on the little 3 ton jack stands. Removed the first shock absorber. No Problem. Second one what a pain in the but.... Needed to cut off wheel for that one. Only problem, bought the grinding wheel instead. Oh well just take a bit longer. Finally got it out.

Proceed to getting the rear end painted - need bigger jack stands. Back to the good old princess auto. Some nice 12 ton stands that get pretty darn high. Now I can support the frame and remove the leafs.

SNOW... REALLY.... Was hoping for a productive weekend. Let's hope for just a few flakes.

I have some pictures to upload but I am getting some kind of security token error. So we shall see about that later
I've got four of those princess auto pro-point 12 ton stands. They're great when you want to lift everything up to work on brakes or underneath. I think they lift to 28" if I remember correctly.
greg64 is offline   Reply With Quote