Old 09-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

Re: 1963-1966 GMC Frame Schematic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthstarGMC View Post
Here you go: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...92&postcount=8

Oops! That's not the right one.

I guess I could measure mine when I swap the rear end later this month.
No, your right, that is not the right one but thanks for the attempt.
In fact, the 63-66 frame schematic that 1bad62pro/street was nice enough to post in other threads is actually a generic, suburban focused, 4X4 plan with a small portion of truck related dimensions included. I do appreciate his willingness to share however but that one doesn't help either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieth View Post
I have a 65 swb gmc bare frame on spring suspension sitting in my yard, call me with the dimensions that you need and I will check them for you. Kieth 918-446-2245
The dimensions I need are the location of the 2 core support brackets that the core support mounts to. With that information I can back track for the dimensions/location for the core support cross member and the nose of the frame horns. I cut the original frame horns off in the middle of the steering box/idler support bracket so I have a little bit more than a foot to work with.
Actually, I am thinking about shortening up the nose of the frame horns slightly so I can "pull in" the bumper so it sticks out less. It would have a "tighter" look IMO.
The last dimension I need is the depth from top of frame to the mounting face for the front cab mount brackets. I thought I noted that dimension but don't see it on my plans I am drawing.
My hope is to have a full set of plans by the end of this project that will show exactly how to convert a 67-72 frame to use under a 63-66 cab.

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
66-PMD-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote