View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 02:42 PM   #43
ryanmcb

Re: Pretty decent looking 1977 Blazer Chalet-denver craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77blazerchalet View Post
Yep, ended with "reserve not met" at $12,400, perhaps $5 grand more than it is worth. But that's not the least of it, this is the second ebay listing of Chalet #0414, it's first one was here back in August. The guy who won the first auction joined our Chalet forum to tell us the news, and upon discovering its faults, got his money back. It was sold a second time a week or three later, with the new owner joining our forum who then returned it after learning of its engine issues and other problems (the interior is not "mint" in the least). Without getting into further details, the ebay seller faces problems with this one and how it is represented, from what I hear out of both 'temporary' former owners.
This is such valuable information and why it pays to be part of forums and groups. I have been very interested in this Chalet since the first listing. I felt uneasy about it from the beginning and it looked like something that could show better than actual. I'm glad I saw this and I think I will pass if two owners have been disappointed in the truck. For the right price it would be fun vehicle. I was always thinking 10k was my max, but it sounds like that may have even been too much.
ryanmcb is offline   Reply With Quote