View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #25
NEWFISHER

Re: inline six beefy engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharps40 View Post
No one is making tri-y for inline sixes any more....Clifford used to and several mfgrs thru jc whitney in the old days. But I keep coming back to Langdons cast iron headers with the heat coating......I can y pipe at the right spot and get a similar impact....just gotta figure where. I think not more than about 3 feet back....somewhere near the cab front I think.

But don't knock it.....up to 25 horse on a 155 horse engine is a huge percentage.....I'd spect that's only with cam and intake mods though. 10 or so horses is prolly more realistic. Good news is if you want the absolute best idle and daily driveability nothing beats the stock inline 6 cams that are already in the engine....every other cam moves torque and power further up the rpm range where you be using it less and less often unless yer on the drag strip. I'll be keeping my stock cam and the goal is to make the power and torque in the useable band from 1500 to 3500 rpm.
My Langdon's come together with a 2 1/2 "Y" at 20" behind each collector and continue 2 1/2 through a Magnaflow 2 1/2 chambered and 2 1/2 out .