View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 12:07 AM   #374
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Well, the Blazer didn't make it to Power Tour, but not for a lack of trying. I pulled an all-nighter the night before I needed to leave and I had an alignment appt. for 8AM the day I needed to leave. After thrashing all night, around 6AM I could barely see anymore and I looked at the Blazer and knew that I wouldn't be able to drive it in another hour, so I took a shower and went to sleep for a few hours. When I woke up around noon, I cut the grass since I had been neglecting my husbandly duties for about a month, took another shower and drove my Duramax up north to meet my buddies. The next day we drove to Nashville so that we could pick up Chris (gringoloco) from the airport before we headed to Bowling Green for the start of the Power Tour.

I don't know about everybody else, but I had a blast being a passenger in every truck that we brought and even driving a few, including a big bad ass F@rd named "Bob."

We got to tour the Hendricks Heritage Center and the Race shops while we were in Concord, NC, but were not allowed to take pictures while we were in there.

I promised Chris that if he came to C10's in the Park, I would throw him the keys to the Blazer for the weekend, since I didn't get it to HRPT for him. So now I have a couple of months to finish the Blazer so that I don't miss that one too.

After taking a couple of weekends to recuperate, I went into the shop this morning and my shop A/C has decided to not work, it got up to 99 degrees in there today while I was trying to get it going again. I found some bad connections and rewired some other stuff to make the A/C work the way I want it to, and it is running again right now. I have a feeling that the compressor is going into thermal overload and shutting down in the hottest part of the day, but I won't know for sure until tomorrow. Hopefully, it will keep running so that I can get to work on the Blazer.

Here's a few pics from HRPT to tide you over until I have more pics of the Blazer...
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote