View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 01:22 PM   #30
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Re: 1969 Burb build-up (Bags, 5.3/4L60E, repaint, interior....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerboy72
Thats the same problem I am having and I am using the S&P plates also.
S&P mounts FIXED my problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod
Chris (CaptKaos),

Just read your build post, nice job BTW. I know ECE designed their motor mount kit for the 67-72. Could this be the problem with the exhaust in your truck? I don't know what the differences are in the frames. Also, do you have some pics and descriptions of your fuel system. What tank, fuel pump, type of lines.....????
Thanks for the props. I talked to ECE before ordering them and asked them what all is included in the kit. I looked at them on their webpage and the pieces they are selling along with the mounts appeared to me they were 73-87 pieces. The guy on the phone confirmed this with me and said they should work without the stands on the 73-87. Well they do if you build custom headers, but I am planning on running either 1 or 2 rear mounted turbos on this and wanted to keep the manifolds....

I don't know what they are doing with the position of the mount as I know you 67-72 guys would have to drill new holes to get the 73-87 brackets on there, but if they mount like mine do, it will be way forward from the normal SBC position.

I already knew I would have some grinding to do to miss the EGR port, but with the ECE mounts it was hitting the frame mount that they are selling you. With using the S&P mount I still had to clearance the EGR port, but with the ECE mounts I would have to cut it completely off, or cut a hole in the frame mount. I have been wanting to see Shifty's pics for comparison, just haven't had the time...

As far as the front section of the frame, the 73-87 is the same as the 67-72. Which is why you can put a 73-87 under a 67-72 to upgrade one to newer parts.

Fuel system I am using a 1987-91 EFI Blazer/Jimmy fuel tank, stock sending unit and a AC241 in tank pump. Out of the sending unit is 3 lines: supply, return, Evap. I am tying the same 3 lines from the LS motor into those lines using hardline down the frame and braided line at the front to the motor and at the rear to the tank. At the end of the hardline on the supply line is the standard AC fuel filter.

I won't take up a ton more room than I already have hi-jacking your thread, but on Post #14 there are 2 shots of the front/rear of my fuel lines running down the passenger side of the framerail. When we pull the body back off after aligning the body panels up better I will post more pics to that thread. I may have some more at home also.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com

Last edited by Captkaos; 05-25-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote