View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #77
siggyfreud

Re: What did you do to your truck today part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victweezy View Post
I have this on the to do list after this years cruise'n season is over. Did you order a kit, or go DIY? And if you went with a kit who did you order from and why did you make that choice. I know there are a few options available here and I'm not sure who I want to order from yet.
I went with a kit from No Limit Engineering. I did so because they had good reviews, are a sponsor of another forum I visit (and a supporting vendor on this one I believe), and their prices are good.

That said, I had to do a little engineering of my own, as this kit was designed with a shortbed Chevy in mind, and I'm going a longbed GMC. Depending on your application this could be pretty straight forward, or a little more involved, especially with measuring.

I had some issues with quality that I got resolved, and I think were a one-off. My biggest complaint is that while the product seems to be of good quality, the instructions are below standard. They're essentially copies of hand drawings, with handwriting. The first page with some measurement and step info is typed, but any illustrations are back-of-napkin quality. While not altogether a bad thing, when you compare it to something like RideTech's work you can see the difference. That said, Ridetech stuff is also more expensive, so you pay for the extra work .

I would do the No Limit kit again, primarily because I have now done it and know what I'm in for. But ask me again when I'm all done haha.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote