View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:32 AM   #63
HULK64

Re: Project Eugene: 1949 5 Window (Part 2)

Hey Neojuice- I bought the three point shoulder setup from seatbelts plus and build a sleeve to extend up above the back edge of my bench seat so it could slide in and out easier. I found a spot on the pinch seam that goes along the back wall and drilled it in there- might not be as structural as through the B pillar behind the door like some people do it, but it's more comfy and has already stopped me from kissing the steering wheel once in a fender bender...

UPDATE: insurance was good to me and I got some decent money for my side of the fender bender. I found a 'new' grill and pulled the fenders back to pretty darn straight. The good part was that I took more time to align things than I did this spring and I think it might be even better than it was before!
Plus, since I did the work, I spent the rest of the insurance money on tubes to route the air filter out of the engine bay and in front of the radiator for a true cold air setup, four piston brakes, a stage 2 cam kit, and a fancy billet 3200 stall torque converter to install this winter! Stoked to get all of that installed and retune it.....
The Porsche gets picked up this week for a winter's worth of work- which solves my buddy's storage problem- which is one plus.

QUESTION: I want to put some welting between my front fenders and the cab. Which stuff should I get? Seems like some looks like it would be a pain, but figure you guys would have some insight...
HULK64 is offline   Reply With Quote