Thread: Serious Black
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #265
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Serious Black

Haven't done much to my truck as of late, but I did manage to finish wiring up my stereo and installed the heater/defrost/ a/c hoses. Boy do I have a lot of scratches on my hands and wrists to show for it! Should have did this before installing dash cluster and glove box. I ended up taking the glove box back out,it was the only way to get access to the a/c and heater duct fittings.
Anyway's I made a behind the seat speaker cabinet some time ago, but I ended up removing it because the speakers fired right into the back of the seats and couldn't hear them. So, I made some speaker mounts out of 1/2" MDF (medium density fiberboard) I used one of the forum members idea of using sheet metal brackets that fit in the corners behind the seat/door striker area. After I cut the holes and attached the speakers to the MDF, I used a brad nailer to attach the upper curved piece to the vertical piece. I am going to attach four small pieces of 2" x 4" to the back side of the door pillar behind the door striker area with liquid nails, clamped into place till they set up, then place two more on the back of cab wall where the other side will attach. I'm planning to use drywall screws to attach the speaker mount to the 2" x 4" pieces. Before I screw them into place, I'm covering them in dark grey speaker carpet, and I'll cover the rest of the cab wall with the same. I'll post pictures later.we just got back from visiting my folks in St.Louis. Still haven't un packed......
Have a good one!
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote