View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #207
chevy72blu

Re: No Limit Trailing Arm Rear Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends View Post
Rob, I recently purchased this kit as well as your C-Notch KIT. First let me say they are very nice pieces! I'm having one issue, Basically my truck was a leaf spring frame. What reference points should I use for the C-Notch and shock mounts? The leaf spring frame does not have the bump stop rivets or some of the other rivets you list to use as reference points. I'm thinking if you can give me a measurement from the rear of the frame rail to the center of the shock mount, or the axle tube center line to the center of the shock mount that would be enough to get me started.
Interested in this as well. I read through the whole thread and I'm surprised to see no other mention of using this kit to convert from leafs to trailing arms.

Obviously the spring perches will need to be cut off and re-welded, but I have a dumb question... Does my GM 12 bolt rear need to be trailing arm specific (ie: Panhard bar mount)? I believe the rear is out of a 73-87. Truck is a 72 with a shortened frame (SWB conversion) which will no doubt make things interesting .

'72 C20 SWB convert. 5 lug, LS1/4l60e
chevy72blu is offline   Reply With Quote