View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 10:10 PM   #20
davischevy

Re: 56 BelAir LS swap quick look

I have an all original 71 SS 454 Chevelle. Last fall we decided to drive it to Cruisin' The Coast. Our friends had left early and we were going to hook up with them in Vicksburg. We were having a great time, stopped at Hoot's for Bar B Que in McGeehee then on down and hit I-20 in Tellulah, LA. Half way between Tellulah and Vicksburg the car just died. Not a good place to break down.

The story about how we got towed is a book in itself, but we got the car on a rollback and into Vicksburg and to a guy we found In the NSRA Fellowpages.

I was trying to figure out how to get the car home when I went down to the guys house the next morning. I pulled the air cleaner off and we were standing there wondering where to start. I said "it might start" and reached in and hit the key. It roared to life. I diagnosed it to be the coil and jumped in and ran to O'rielly.s.

We ended up staying in Vicksburg another day getting a wheel bearing changed on my buddies 55 Chevy and had one of the best days of the trip.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote