View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #155
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: post up your camping pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
beautiful country DirtyLarry! looks like you had some fine weather.
great way to wrap up the season. just put my camper in the boss'es barn this weekend-day trips now...
Yeah, the season’s over for me too Might do a day trip in a few weeks with the Suburban. Got all winter to lick some minor wounds to get it ready for the White Rim Trail in May 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
Great pics Larry! How does the Phoenix do in the cool? Does it have something similar to the FWC thermal pack? Love the K10 with the L78's on it.
Yeah, Phoenix has an Artic Pac that is standard. Between that and the heater it does great in the bitter cold. I’ve stayed in it 4 nights that were well below freezing and it stayed very comfortable inside. Interesting story about Phoenix, but the owners of Phoenix father is the founder of FWC. That said, the best parts of the FWC (aluminum frame construction, insulation, etc.) are definitely in the Phoenix campers blood.

I tell you those Q78’s are awesome for mountain trips over the wide LT315’s I run on the desert trips. The Q78’s Super Swampers keep the track narrow for the mountain Jeep trails and at 16 psi they ride great and bite like grappling hooks on everything except ice. Although, the Q78’s look kind of silly now that I put the wider flares on it. The 315’s look better with these flares.

It probably would have been warmer these nights if it would have snowed more. The wide open clear skies made it bitter cold and the wind was a killer. The bottles of water left in the cab were frozen solid by morning This was October 2011.

DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote