View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 08:53 PM   #35
bruceman1968

Re: Questions about how true to the spid a truck is

Quote:
Originally Posted by plr1112 View Post
I have confusion over factory installed options and dealer installed options. So the SPID only lists factory installed options and not dealer installed.Correct My truck has a tachometer and a tilt column, but the SPID does not have either one labeled on it. Your truck did not have a Tac or Tilt installed from the factory(assembly plant) My SPID has the Z53 option no. (ammeter-oil gauges).Z53 is amp, oil and temp gauges. All 3. The truck has a temperature gauge, is that original? Yes since Z53 code only lists ammeter and oil. If your SPID only list oil and amp in the description then it's just a shortened description. Z53 gauge package was always oil, amp and temp.

So the question I have is could the dealer have installed the tach and tilt column, Yes or another similar situation where the tach and tilt column are in fact original, or no way? Your Tac and Tilt are not original, even if the dealer installed them. Original is how the truck left the assembly plant. If the dealer added the options then your truck would have rolled off the dealer lot with the Tac and Tilt as a dealer add on, not factory(assembly plant) original options.