View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 04:51 AM   #13
Accelo

Re: LS1 No start conditon

Yes I agree. Let me answer your questions.

What is the engine out of? F body or Corvette? DBW or DBC?
1998 Camaro DBC.

What is it in?
1970 C10

Going back to your first post, it says you have fuel and spark, so as long as it has air and the timing is close, it should at least try to start, but you have never said if it has, or if its just cranking and never even trying to start.
Fuel pressure is right on at 58lbs. Even pulled the fuel rail with the injectors on it and cranked the motor. We could see fuel spraying from the injectors.
Now I have spark. At first the spark was missing. This was repaired when the coil harness(s) were repined. Even replaced all the coils with one I had from a 2000 Corvette to eliminate any issues the bad wiring could have caused. No Joy.

Going to the only thing really messed with, are you sure the cam was installed right?
I sure hope so. The cam is a BTR Stage 1 truck cam. Engine has lots of compression when rotated to connect the automatic transmission. Stock push rods were used. Compression check is in the works. Been so long I have to find where I put the Compression Gauge.

I have a 1999 set up, wiring and computer. Any differences between this and a 1998 have been address by the harness guy. I have a lot of faith in them.

No work was done to the crank. Maybe the reluctor slipped? I don't know.
Motor was used but I had no indications it was ever taken apart.

Motor kind of coughs sometimes on the first roll over. Zero indications that I may start after that.

I have a two channel scope. I am hoping I can correlate the reluctor and cam signals. Never done it before but I know it can be confirmed without tearing down the mtr.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote