View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 12:36 AM   #19
msg

Re: 66 c10 electrical/cluster q's

I was having issues with the cluster and the speedometer making a clackety racket. The racket was solved by a local garage that I had taken it to have a 700R4 installed. He told me that I did fine making the connections from the back of the speedometer to the trans, but what I didnt do was grease up the cable first. As for the rest of what I was dealing with its all in a pile in the garage as I have started to break it all down and learn to restore it.

The wiring was in bad shape. I took some of the plastic coating off a few and each one was gummed up allthroughout, not shiny copper, not even close. The fuse panel was pretty rusty as well so I will be buying a new fuse panel and wiring harness once I get the frame and body redone.

I'll be revisiting Rich's comment once Im at the point of buying that harness and figuring out what the difference between standard and gauge panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich 5150 69 View Post
Standard panel vs gauge panel use a differant harness, you can get the temp sender and harness thru the Truck and Car Shop, not totally saying this is what happened, but what happened to me when I had purchased mine, all they hooked up was oil pressure gas and speedo. the temp was wrong ( harness and sender.
Until then I have my hands full, started a build thread here.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=623848
msg is offline   Reply With Quote