View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #867
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

And another round of trial fitting the bed to the chassis.

After the last trial fit, I welded up the front bed mounts that were just tacked together & did some clearance work on the holes for the bolts. I also 'trued' up all of the cross-sills in relation to each other as well as side to side (for consistency). With that done, I thought I was ready to weld-up my floor/base subfames. However, I became concerned & ultimately bogged down w/the what-if's. I decided we needed one more trial fit to ensure the changes didn't mess things up somewhere I wasn't expecting.

Once my super dependable, young-gun, 'Dynamic Duo' & their pops arrived this weekend, we dropped the bed down on the frame again w/no issues. We did a string-line pull off of the trim & verified gaps were consistent side to side. I decided to leave the bed sheet-metal in place for now which will allow for some time to think, envision, & investigate the next steps.

After they left, I wanted to get a better visual of how the floor will look. Since I had the OE wood still in the shop & it's basically already cut to fit, I decided to install it for some motivation & a 'better' preview....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 07-01-2019 at 06:29 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote